Havia - WoW/RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Private servers?! mostly for nick.. :P

Havia
    Havia
    Havia - WoH
    Havia - WoH

Male Number of posts : 502
    Class : Warlock
    Role : The Bane
    First Name : Mad
    Registration date : 2006-03-07

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:
    Private servers?! mostly for nick.. :P Leftbar2vx00/1000Private servers?! mostly for nick.. :P Emptybarvk1  (0/1000)

Private servers?! mostly for nick.. :P Empty Private servers?! mostly for nick.. :P

Post  Havia Sat 20 Sep 2008 - 18:37

Okay, I'm about to announce the game we're gonna play in.. BUT!..

how hard is it to run a private server? not looking for the whole details yet but thought that its a good solution after all when thinking bout the things i want to do with Havia (i know its your idea in the first place). since i'm getting my new computer tomorow I'll have 2, not sure what to do with this one and if i can do it without too much commitments and time spending, why not?!

If it's too much troubles i'll just drop it here and stick to the first plans. Very Happy
    Rhavin Damondred
    Rhavin Damondred
    Guardian of Havia
    Guardian of Havia

Male Number of posts : 241
    Class : Necromancer
    First Name : Nick
    Registration date : 2006-03-14

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:
    Private servers?! mostly for nick.. :P Leftbar2vx00/1000Private servers?! mostly for nick.. :P Emptybarvk1  (0/1000)

Private servers?! mostly for nick.. :P Empty Re: Private servers?! mostly for nick.. :P

Post  Rhavin Damondred Mon 22 Sep 2008 - 18:02

most of the trouble is setting it up. its not really hard to admin, and i'd personally be willing to do it. Just need the word. The hardest part is finding a server that has what you want while not having many bugs, and then getting it set up. It takes ALOT of time to set up but after that its not really anything big. If we're doing WoW i already have experience and several fit computers to do so on, so i can take care of it (and no hamachi this time since i live in my own place, lol) If we're doing a different game, I wouldnt have any experience, but i can learn, of you can take care of it. Doesnt matter to me. Im willing to take care of it tho.
    Havia
    Havia
    Havia - WoH
    Havia - WoH

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Private servers?! mostly for nick.. :P Empty Re: Private servers?! mostly for nick.. :P

Post  Havia Mon 22 Sep 2008 - 22:09

Would it be hard to set up for Perfect World? i know it's possible cause theres a few out there.
    Rhavin Damondred
    Rhavin Damondred
    Guardian of Havia
    Guardian of Havia

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Post  Rhavin Damondred Mon 22 Sep 2008 - 22:48

dont know. isnt it a free game tho? I suppose there are other advantages to having a private server tho of course. I'll research it when i get home.
    Havia
    Havia
    Havia - WoH
    Havia - WoH

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Post  Havia Tue 23 Sep 2008 - 2:19

It is free. but as you said, the advantages! Razz if not we'll see, cause until i get a guild land in PW its gonna be hard to rp in there. still thinking bout a private wow too.. actually the more you talk about it the more tempting it is.

one question tho, if we go with WoW, would it be possible for me to be admin and control things up when we RP? or i gotta keep asking you to change everything, add, etc Razz and you would do it on your comp or i do it on mine? will it be up full time? that's the things that actually would convince me and give the go. Cool
    Rhavin Damondred
    Rhavin Damondred
    Guardian of Havia
    Guardian of Havia

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Post  Rhavin Damondred Tue 23 Sep 2008 - 4:25

yes i could let you admin. As for adding things to the world and such, im pretty sure that has to be done server-side (ie ON the specific computer that the server is being run on) but yes you can admin levels, spells, money etc etc. Anything that is already in game you would be able to do. PLUS! once the new patch comes out, stormwind now has a sea port PERFECT place for havia cause its almost identical to the old seaside we had in the first guild hall, with a wall and everything. As for who runs the server itself, like i said, i can take care of it. I have a 3.5mbit connection and several decent computers to run it on. As for uptime, my internet has been 100% uptime since i've been living here. But like i said, if you'd like to host it be my guest. My vote still goes for wow even if we have to do a private server. Im willing to put in the work if thats what we decide.
    Havia
    Havia
    Havia - WoH
    Havia - WoH

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Post  Havia Tue 23 Sep 2008 - 21:38

See? now THIS is convincing. Razz lol!

one question, would I be able to spawn items AND monsters? if this is possible too then we can have the bests RP sessions ever. including the port, when is this coming out? if you know.

I would actually prefer if you host it, internet is not a prob (7mbit) but if i host it, it'll be on the other computer (last one i had) and it's not the best.

overall, i think it's a yes. Wink when can it be up and ready to play? (because i have to set up the site and REDO some changes again to match it with WoW lol)

more questions : will it include burning crusades? or is it a complete other complicated set-up? if this is the case forget it, normal wow would do the job, it;s just the blood elves that attract me haha and would be great for the new characters introduced instory.

as for PW, it's really perfect, buuuut leveling up takes really long and i'm so far of owning a guild land in it.
    Rhavin Damondred
    Rhavin Damondred
    Guardian of Havia
    Guardian of Havia

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Post  Rhavin Damondred Wed 24 Sep 2008 - 0:00

yes, you'd be able to spawn any ingame thing BESIDE scenery (buildings, land, etc) including mobs, bosses, items, whatever.

As for the port i hope i hope i hope i can find a stable server that will accept the newer database that includes the land that the port is on. However, it being part of the new patch the newer servers may be unstable for a long time yet. BUT if i can find an older server that will accept the newer database that would be perfect. If not, id say we should wait until they get it stable. The patch comes out on official this month so it should be a few months before the servers catch up and are playable.

Yes it would be burning crusade, they are pretty stable by now. I'd prefer if we could find a wrath of the lich king server, but like i said, stability is a big issue. It would def have BC tho. Hopefully i can change up some things to make the blood elves not hostile to the alliance so the blood elves can play with the alliance and not get attacked by guards. If not, we'll just have to delete guards in SW Razz

7mbit... im so jelous...

as for when it can be up, if i get lucky and find a core that i like first try, then it could be up within the week. I'll probably test several cores tho, so give it 2-3 weeks max.

PW sounds good and i'll probably get into it since the open beta is up, but even with a private server, there probably is not nearly as much support as with wow servers, meaning they are probably not as stable, and not as much documentation.

For those of you reading this and having flashbacks of the headaches from the last server, BC servers are MUCH more stable than they used to be, and this time i have my own connection, so NO hamachi. All you'll have to do is get hold of the client, patch up and change the realmlist. Easy as pie.
    Rhavin Damondred
    Rhavin Damondred
    Guardian of Havia
    Guardian of Havia

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Post  Rhavin Damondred Wed 24 Sep 2008 - 0:47

dont mean to flood, but dark and troy, give us some feedback. you like the idea of another wow server (hopefully without all the hangups)?
    Havia
    Havia
    Havia - WoH
    Havia - WoH

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Post  Havia Wed 24 Sep 2008 - 1:05

lol you should see my new computer.. damn! Razz

i'm giving you the go. let's do it! and take your time to get the best.

true for PW, since it's fresh new. P.S. check your PM box, i want your opinion on something. Surprised
    Havia
    Havia
    Havia - WoH
    Havia - WoH

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Post  Havia Wed 24 Sep 2008 - 1:14

flood flood lol, found it! Shocked

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/ho/WF06b/12454-12454-3329738-214846-214846-3733093-3747347.html

and bought the GeForce GTX 280 PLUS a 24inch hi-res screen.. i'm now addicted to my computer lmao..
    Rhavin Damondred
    Rhavin Damondred
    Guardian of Havia
    Guardian of Havia

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Post  Rhavin Damondred Wed 24 Sep 2008 - 3:00

daaaaaaamn son! 8gb of ram??? No That just makes me sick!
    VERY nice. I am officially jealous. GTX 280 very nice, I am upgrading to dual 9800's very soon (running an 8500 now, it works but not very much cowbell) I'll have to post up some pics of mine when i get home. I got a biachin case with green cathodes and LED's. after i get the 9800s im gonna upgrade to a quad core processor too.

Now... business... if you got the money for something like that i KNOW you can afford a wow account LOL!
    Havia
    Havia
    Havia - WoH
    Havia - WoH

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Post  Havia Wed 24 Sep 2008 - 3:39

hahaha, of course I can and I will soon but that private server would still be cool for the RP. and yeah 8 O_O it's damn unbelievable how many softwares and games can run perfectly smoothly at the same time, i even tried to make it crash and didn't work lmao. i'd love to see yours as well.
    Rhavin Damondred
    Rhavin Damondred
    Guardian of Havia
    Guardian of Havia

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Post  Rhavin Damondred Wed 24 Sep 2008 - 18:36

Mine I just decided to build from the ground up. Its:

Intel P4 3.2 ghz OC'd to 3.6ghz
    3gb DDR2 667 OC'd to 800mhz
    Geforce 8500GT 512mb OC'd to 750mhz core ( O.o , stock is 400mhz lol) and 475mhz (950 ddr of course) memory with custom built coolers
    Asus P5ND2 SLI-Deluxe motherboard
    320gig HD
    All in a badass case with green lights and windows and stuff. Like i said, going to upgrade to dual 8800s and a quad core soon.

I think I have decided to host the server on a new comp I just acquired. It is as such:
    HP inspiron with
    P4 2.5ghz
    512mb DDR atm but will upgrade it to 2 gigs
    120gig HD

Alot faster than out last one, which was P3 800mhz with 512mb of PC133. So we should be good!
    Rhavin Damondred
    Rhavin Damondred
    Guardian of Havia
    Guardian of Havia

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Post  Rhavin Damondred Wed 24 Sep 2008 - 18:42

another question, how do you like the 64 bit OS? I've been thinking of upgrading to 64 bit vista so I can upgrade to 4 gigs of ram and beyond. Do you have any problems with web browsing and driver and program compatibility? Ive heard bad things about flash not working, and sevral programs not working, so i wanted to get an opinion on it.
    Rhavin Damondred
    Rhavin Damondred
    Guardian of Havia
    Guardian of Havia

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Post  Rhavin Damondred Wed 24 Sep 2008 - 18:57

FLLLLOOOOOOOOOODDD....

sorry... i dont suppose it really matters with 4 total users....

found a decent pic of my case:
    http://images.tigerdirect.com/skuimages/large/R456-1055-main.jpg

called a raidmax smilodon. I have added green cold cathodes, a 600w thermaltake PSU, and a black light cold cathode as well as black light (ultraviolet) LED's that pulse with hard drive activity. Since my motherboard has UV sensitive ports it makes everything stand out really nice from the green glow so everything isnt just green. Im gonna add UV sleeving to the PSU wires so they glow green in the black light. And everything is pinned down with green UV wire ties. The effect is very nice. I'll have to borrow my girl's camera this weekend and take some pics. I took some with my phone but they suck.
    Havia
    Havia
    Havia - WoH
    Havia - WoH

Character sheet
    Fame § Points ¤FP:

Post  Havia Thu 25 Sep 2008 - 0:29

hahahaha! right. Razz

and nice box man! love it. Cool

so far so good, i have many softwares already on and got no compatibility probs so far. as for internet i had small issues but fixed after refreshing a few times lol. got no problems with flash, nor anything else. all perfect!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 9 May 2024 - 9:09